WHAT IS SOCIETY REGISTRATION ACT ?
The Society Registration Act was formulated in the year 1860 and is applicable to all the states in India. However, some states in India have come up with their own Society Registration Act and as a result while forming a society in India, either the Act of 1860 is being followed or the Act lay down by the respective states are followed.There has to be a minimum of 7 members for a society registration. There is no limit to the number of maximum members in a society.
WHY SOCIETY REGISTERATION ?
- Independent Judicial persons
- Can Purchase Property
- Secured Assets
- Exemptions from Income Tax
- Limited Liabilities
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can memorandum , by the Law of society , be revised ?
Memorandum can be revised by endorsement in a unique General Body Meeting called for the purpose after giving due notification and by approval another special General Body Meeting called after 30 days again. Bylaws can be altered by approval of a majority of members in Special General Body Meeting. Such corrected by-laws shall be filed with the Registrar within one month.
For what Reason its is Formed ?
Association can be formed for the following reasons :
- Arts, literature, educaticational, cultural, charity, and religious
- Fine Arts, crafts
- Knowledge of commerce and industry
- Promotion of scientific temper in the society
- Political education and training
- Sports (excluding games of chance)
- Diffusion of any knowledge or any public purpose,
- Maintaining Library
- Collection/preservation of historical monuments, technical and philosophical research.